Wednesday, July 13, 2011

s'mores cheesecake

I just want to take a second and say, I'm very excited for my first post! I know you'd expect my first post to be a cupcake, but unfortunatley it isn't. When I try to plan for something to bake, I consider how many people will be eating it. My family lives nearby and I usually pawn everything off to them. They unfortunatley are going to be going on vacation in a couple of days, so the dessert needs to be eaten quickly. Therefore, a cheesecake was in order! I absolutley love smore's. Anything chocolate, I love! I read blog after blog trying to find a recipe I think I would like and I ended up using the first one I looked at.

Ingredients:

Crust:
* 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1/3 cup sugar
*1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling:

* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup miniature marshmallows

Topping:
* 1 cup miniature marshmallows
* 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 tablespoon shortening














Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. I mixed the butter in with a spoon for a couple minutes and then used my hands to mash it all together. Then, press onto the bottom and 1-3/4 in up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan; set aside.














Here's the consistency of the crust. I was excited because usually recipes that I've used in the past don't have a good ratio of butter to graham crackers and this one did!













I don't usually go up the side of the pan with the crust, I like thick base. You can do whichever you like though! There was enough crust to go up the side.

2.  In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and vanilla until smooth.

3. Add whisked eggs and beat until combined on low. Then stir in chocolate chips, followed by marshmallows.














4. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed.













5. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows.






















pre-refrigerator














6. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.

Finished Product! This is definitley worth making again!

















courtesy of taste of home

1 comment: